|Center, Institute, Program||University Medical Practice Associates
Heart Disease in Women
Lipid management, cardiac rehabilitation, sports cardiology and pre-exercise screening, cardiac care of patients with HIV disease
|Insurance|| See Insurance Providers
|Board Certifications||American Board of Internal Medicine, 1999
American Board of Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, 2003
|Medical School||State University of New York Health Science Center, 1993
|Residency Training||Internal Medicine, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC, 1993‑1996
|Fellowship||Cardiology, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, NY, 1998‑2001
Preventive Cardiology/Cardiovascular Epidemiology, The Mary Imogene Basset Hospital, Cooperstown, NY, 1996‑1997
|Academic Appointment||Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
|From the doctor||Dr. Myerson is a cardiologist and specialist in several areas related to heart health:
• Prevention of heart attack and stroke through the diagnosis and treatment of cardiovascular risk factors such as hypertension, high cholesterol, and smoking
• Screening for heart problems for competitive athletes and others who want to exercise or be more active
• Care for people who are living with HIV and have cardiovascular disease or risk factors
Dr. Myerson welcomes referrals for a one-time consultation or ongoing management. Patients who can benefit from evaluation include those with
• Risk factors for heart disease, stroke, or peripheral vascular disease
• Hard-to-control blood pressure or cholesterol and having side effects of medication
• HIV-positive status
• Have a family history of heart disease or stroke and want to reduce their risk for having these events
To learn more about Dr. Myerson's Cardiovascular Disease Prevention Program at Mount Sinai St. Luke's.
To learn more about Dr. Myerson's Cardiovascular Disease Prevention Program at Mount Sinai Roosevelt.
Dr. Myerson is a contributor to dLife , the premiere platform to inform, inspire and connect people with diabetes.
Dr. Myerson is a blogger on Sharecare, an online platform that allows you to ask questions and get answers from trusted healthcare experts.
Dr. Myerson has been selected as one of Castle Connolly's Top Doctors, 2012
|Address||425 West 59th Street, Suite 9D
New York NY 10019
Telephone: (212) 492-5550
Fax: (212) 492-5580
374 West 125th Street
New York NY 10027
Telephone: (212) 280-3101
Fax: (212) 280-3102